I’ll never be thankful enough for the career changing experience you’ve afforded me visiting your academy. It was an absolute pleasure being able to engage in your presence, absorbing as much as I could. I truly feel as if I received more than I looked forward to!
Darnell (aka Creese)
Cost of 12 week full time course is £8000 (£1000 deposit non-returnable)
Cost of One Day Taster Course £150.00
Cost of Short Courses (3-5 days) £150.00 per day
Cost of Tailor Made Courses: £150.00 per day
Cost of Refresher Courses: £150.00 per day
Wig Maintenance course: One/two days @ £150 per day
I’m feeling very proud and blessed to revisit Vincenza at The Wig Room Training Academy today. I completed a 3 month course in May this year and have since hit the ground running! I felt I was taught the techniques I needed to understand and flourish in the industry.
Here is a breakdown of your experience on the training course and what you will receive.
1. You will be taught by a professional tutor (myself) with over 30 years of experience. I have also completed an AET Teacher Training Course as set by City and Guilds. Courses will run with a maximum of eight students so each one of you will receive ample one to one tuition.
2. You will be taught all aspects of period hairdressing on each other as well as on synthetic and lace front wigs. You will be taught the necessary skills to succeed in all three sectors ie. TV, film and theatre industries.
3. You will be taught in a professional wig studio using professional high tech equipment.
4. All training given throughout the course will relate to the precise skills required for the industry. The course also includes etiquette, (the do’s and don’ts) when working with actors. This is essential for longevity.
5. You will receive a professional brush kit consisting of various sizes and shapes of brushes and combs which you can take to your professional jobs.
6. You will learn about period make up from a professional makeup artist currently working in the industry.
7. The course is designed to be 100% practical, enjoyable and fun and to teach students to work as a team as well as confidence boosting.
8. You will receive a certificate on completion of the course.
9. Students who show skill, aptitude and commitment will receive work experience either in a West End Theatre or on a film/TV set.
10. You will have built up a portfolio of your work as evidence of your skills.
I wanted to thank you personally! I did my first Snow White wig today and the team is so happy with me and how I catch on straight away with the techniques for all the different wigs! I told them I got some crafty hints from a teacher in London (you!) – I owe most of my confidence to you!!